Guidelines for seeking a grant
The Upper Arlington Community Foundation (UACF) supports ideas and proposals that represent a wide variety of fields such as social services, health and wellness services, environment and conservation, arts, senior services, community beautification, and community recreation.
UACF awards grants four times per calendar year, with applications due on the four following dates:
- March 1
- June 1
- September 1
- December 1
The grants committee, comprised of Advisory Board members of UACF, reviews the applications and makes recommendations to the full advisory board of UACF, who approves and awards the grants.
Create a project that’s built to last
To ensure the best use of funds available for grants, the grants committee evaluates applications using the following criteria:
- Proposed project is likely to continue and expand after the grant period
- Grant award will serve as “seed money” for new and dynamic projects
- Grant request is compatible with the mission and purpose of UACF
- Grant will promote or create collaboration among groups and individuals
- Existing funding resources in the defined area of the grant request compliance of grantee with reporting requirements for any prior grants
UACF generally does not approve grants to support the following requests: operating expenses, deficit financing for programs, capital expenditures, endowments, religious purposes or organizations, annual appeals, membership contributions, conferences, recognition or fundraising events.
Grant applications may be requested from and should be submitted to:
Upper Arlington Community Foundation
Tracy K. Harbold, Executive Director
3600 Tremont Rd
Upper Arlington OH 43221