The Upper Arlington Community Foundation Fund (“UACF”) is pleased to provide you with our grant application. UACF is a funding vehicle comprised of charitable gifts from individuals, businesses, and groups and is designed to address ever-changing needs and issues and to impact lives of current and future generations in the Upper Arlington community. The role of the UACF is to work in collaboration and coordination with other non-profit organizations in our community. UACF is a component fund of The Columbus Foundation, a community foundation serving the central Ohio area. The semi-annual grantmaking program serves as a strategic way to meet the evolving and diverse needs of all segments of our community.
Grants support a wide variety of initiatives in social services, health and wellness services, environment and conservation, arts, senior services, community beautification, and community recreation. Eligible grant applicants must be either public charities that are tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or governmental units if grant use exclusively for public purposes. Applicant must be located in or serving the community of Upper Arlington.
Recent grants awarded by the Upper Arlington Community Foundation, many working with other groups in the community:
- A major grant to the Parks and Recreation Department. This grant supports all four special family events in UA: Spring Fling, Summer Celebration, Fall Fest and Winter Festival.
- Support for the new Greensview Playground.
- Support for the UACF Beautification Fund.
- Support for the 2013 series: Music in the Park, UA Cultural Arts.
- Support for the Upper Arlington Community Chorus
- The Tremont Elementary School Sculpture Project – supporting community art
- Sponsor of the 2013 UA Author Series: author: Mr. Alexander McCall Smith
- The Welcome Playground project – support for the building of an inclusive, ADA playground at Andover and Barrington Roads
- File of Life- UA Commission on Aging- a project supporting medical communication needs for seniors in UA
- Leadership UA, supporting education for community leaders
- Marc Brown Author Visit sponsorship with the UA Public Library
- UA Firefighters CPR training program
- To My Emergency Contact public information campaign for Upper Arlington residents
- A cooperative grant, with the Upper Arlington Education Foundation, to enhance instructional technology at Upper Arlington High School
- One of six cooperating partners in promotional video about Upper Arlington
- Safety Town, refurbishment and addition of buildings
- Grant to Kind Call, the UA Commission on Aging
- Driving simulator to educate young drivers of the dangers of driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol for use by the Police
- Restoration assistance for historical Fire Engine #1
- Funding for the first gateway entrance at Lane and Riverside
- Memorial gift “Bright Spot” at the corner of McCoy and Woodbridge roads
- School parent-teacher organizations matching funds for playground beautification
- Cooperative grant to beautify the rear entrance to Jones Middle School
- Cooperative grant to the Upper Arlington High School stadium renovation project
- Matching grant to Leadership UA to work with Franklin University’s Leadership Institute to document, verify and refine Leadership UA’s project based programming
- Cooperative Grant to the UA Commission on Aging to bring “Project Lifesaver” to UA, to deploy teams with rapid response technology to locate and return wandering adults and children to their caregivers